Girl Academy Wangetti
A Childcare Coordinator is required for a ground-breaking school for young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander girls.
About Girl Academy
Girl Academy is a new Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander boarding school, the first in Australia, catering for school-aged mothers (and their children), and other young Indigenous girls needing a second chance at schooling. Girl Academy provides girls with the opportunity to complete their schooling through customised delivery models, supplemented by health and wellbeing supports delivered by professional staff.
About the Applicant
The Childcare Coordinator will have extensive experience working with school aged Indigenous girls, including those who are disengaged or at risk of becoming so. Generally, this experience has been obtained in a school and/or residential setting. The position will involve, but will not be limited to:
- Assisting in the preparation, implementation and evaluation of developmentally appropriate programs for individual children (including the parents of younger children) or groups;
- Responsibility for recording observations of individual children or groups for program planning purposes;
- Working with individual children with particular needs, in close consultation with the Head of Wellbeing and Engagement (and/or Principal);
- Supervision of assisting staff (as required);
- Supporting the development of, undertaking and implementing quality assurance procedures; and
- Working in accordance with food safety regulations.
We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people to apply for this role.
This will be a role working casual hours per week for an expected 40 weeks of the year (i.e. school weeks plus some time at the start/end of the school year)