Boarding Assistants required for ground-breaking school for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young mothers....
About Girl Academy
Girl Academy is a new Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander boarding school, the first in Australia, catering for school-aged mothers (and their children), and other young Indigenous girls needing a second chance at schooling. Girl Academy provides girls with the opportunity to complete their schooling through customised delivery models, supplemented by health and wellbeing supports delivered by professional staff.
About the Applicant
Girl Academy Boarding Assistants have extensive experience working with school aged Indigenous girls, including those who are disengaged or at risk of becoming so. Generally, this experience has been obtained in a school and/or residential setting. Other features include:
- Familiarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural practices;
- Demonstrated understanding of competent parenting skills to support young mothers in undertaking their parenting roles;
- Personal leadership qualities and a capacity to build and sustain respectful professional relationships;
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation;
- Be willing (and able) to travel to Wangetti in order to complete shifts.
Both casual and part-time positions are available, with shifts potentially available in the early morning and evening (7 days), as well as day shifts on weekends, throughout the school year.