Finance & Administration Officer - Hardwood Sawmill
(Part Time Position - 22 hours per week)
Cape York Timber is a leading hardwood sawmilling business based at Cooktown in Far North Queensland. We are looking for an energetic and skilled Finance & Administration Officer. Cape York Timber is a 100% owned indigenous business that is creating economic development and employment opportunities for the Indigenous people of Cape York. Commencing operations in late 2014, the business processes approximately 6,000 cubic metres of high-quality Australian hardwood annually, from predominantly indigenous owned forests. Cape York Timber is a subsidiary of the Cape York Partnership.
The key roles and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all financial management operations are executed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Raising sales invoices, accounts payable and receivable, monthly reporting, assisting with cash flow reporting, bank and other general ledger reconciliations, financial monitoring, compliance with statutory requirements.
- Operational reporting requirements, including production reporting.
- Fulfilling all administrative tasks related to the activities of the business.
- Working alongside the general manager in fulfilling inbound sale and general enquiries.