Cape York Employment - Aurukun
Multiple Positions in Employment Services
- Competitive salary + salary packaging
- 6 weeks Annual Leave
- Make a difference in this crucial & stimulating role
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits available - tax free component
- Allowances and benefits associated with working and living in a remote community
- Fly in/out every 6 weeks of service - Aurukun to Cairns with 3 days accommodation
- Assistance with relocation costs
- Share Accommodation with staff
About the organisation:
Cape York Employment Pty Ltd is a not-for-profit entity created in 2013 within the Cape York Group suite of entities. Cape York Employment delivers the Federal Government's Community Development Program (CDP) across the Aurukun/Coen region.
We currently have multiple positions and we are seeking highly motivated and innovative individuals who are willing to try new things and be challenged to go the extra mile.
You will be dedicated to securing and maintaining quality employment for people within the community and assisting employers who want to benefit from an inclusive and diverse workforce.
These roles do vary and are not limited to responsibilities such as:
- Initial interviews with job seekers to inform them of their obligations under CDP, to DHS and determine their participation requirements;
- Developing compliant Job Plans in consultation with job seekers ensuring that their activities are sufficient to meet their participation requirements;
- Identify barriers to employment in consultation with job seekers;
- Initial, re-engagement and ongoing contact appointments with job seekers to review their progress and determine what assistance they require;
- Creating vacancies
- Managing referrals and placements within systems
- Providing appropriate support to employers to maintain existing employment placements
- Providing critical and additional support to job seekers, employers and other service providers.
- Developing future employment opportunities
- Sourcing and maintaining documentary evidence as a result of a successful employer engagement to ensure claims can be processed.
- Meeting Regional Employment Targets
- Supporting the Compliance, Engagement and Administration processes
- Achieving job placements (repeat business) and sustainable employment outcomes
- Accurately document Post Placement Support (PPS) provided, to assist in ongoing employment
- Supporting operational teams to continually survey the local job market in order to identify suitable and alternative employment opportunities and Hosted placements
- Record and maintain detailed case records and progress reports in accordance with Department guidelines and Cape York Partnerships policies and procedures.
- Documentation must be accurate, up-to-date and submitted in a timely manner.
Other Essential criteria:
- Relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training within Employment Services
- Experience in working in an office environment, including organising tasks, customer service, answering phone enquiries
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Demonstrated interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently on tasks and complete them in an environment of competing priorities
- Understanding of the barriers faced by jobseekers in remote Australia
- Ability to work with Indigenous people with complex needs
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrate ethical behaviour and regard for confidentiality
- Generate and contribute ideas, knowledge and experiences to enhance and improve work practices
- Working knowledge of computer systems used by an Employment Service Provider
- Valid QLD manual drivers licence.
Evidence of Blue Card and Police clearance will be required if successful.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Please call Pepita Mon - Fri on 0438 926 493 between 8:30am -4:30pm to discuss or apply now.
To apply for these positions please visit our website.