Participation Supervisor - Aurukun
Join Our Diverse Team
- Ready for a fresh start? Now is your chance!
- Competitive salary + salary packaging
- Make a difference in this crucial & stimulating role
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits available - tax free component
- Allowances & benefits associated with working & living in a remote community
- Fly in/out every 6 weeks of service - Aurukun to Cairns with 3 days accommodation
- Assistance with relocation costs
We're not always hiring, however there is continuous scope for future opportunities as we grow, and we are keen to hear from you if you have the skills, experience and are interested in working in a remote locality.
Working at Cape York Partnership offers you a rare opportunity to make a real difference while advancing your career in a high-functioning organisation.
You will enjoy great employee benefits, responsive management, and work with a dedicated and professional team driving the Cape York Agenda.
About the Community Development Program (CDP):
Cape York Employment Pty Ltd (CYE) is a not-for-profit entity created within the Cape York Group suite of entities. CYE delivers the Federal Government's CDP Program across Region 60 (Aurukun and Coen).
About the role:
The Participation Supervisor provides integrated case management and support to refer job seekers into employment and meet their mutual obligations in activities and employment. The Participation Supervisor is responsible for supervising Work for the Dole (WfD) activities which job seekers must undertake five hours per day, five days per week. The Participation Supervisor also develops and updates a Job Plan for each assigned job seeker, conducts monthly appointments and records attendance at WfD activities and appointments. The role also screens job seekers and refers them to Employment Services Assessment (ESAt), if appropriate. The Participation Supervisor works under limited supervision, demonstrates a good level of autonomy to ensure that tasks are completed and outcomes delivered as directed, meets set timelines and provides regular summaries of work to date.
- Skills, experience and expertise in the industry area of activities to be supervised
- Experience in working with and supervising people, developing relations with stakeholders
- Experience developing relations with local job seekers and service providers
- Ability to motivate and inspire job seekers to achieve their participation and employment goals
- Understanding of the barriers faced by job seekers in remote Australia and the ability to develop effective strategies to address these barriers
- Ability to work with Indigenous people with complex needs
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity coupled with the ability to educate others
- Build constructive relationships with colleagues and generate ideas for improvement
- Demonstrate ethical behaviour and regard for confidentiality
- Generate ideas to provide new and creative ways of working
Refer to Position Description for full details.
Additional benefits include:
- Furnished share accommodation in Aurukun.
- Relocation expenses up to $2,500.00, approved only upon provision of quotes (prior to purchase).
- Remote community allowance of up $5,000.00 per annum (paid fortnightly pro-rata).
- Remote community recognition of service allowance, paid over first 24 months of completed service every 6 months
- Benefit return flight to Cairns plus weekend accommodation (3 nights) is available on six-weekly basis (non-transferrable / not to be accrued).
- 6 weeks Annual Leave
Previous applicants need not apply and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Evidence of eligibility for Blue Card and Police clearance will be required if successful.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.