Child and Family Practitioner/Parenting Consultant - Aurukun
- Ready for a fresh start? Now is your chance!
- Competitive salary + salary packaging
- Make a difference in this crucial & stimulating role
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits available - tax free component
- Allowances and benefits associated with working and living in a remote community
- Fly in/out every 6 weeks of service - Aurukun to Cairns with 3 days accommodation
- Assistance with relocation costs
Working at Cape York Partnership offers you a rare opportunity to make a real difference while advancing your career in a high-functioning organisation.
You will enjoy great employee benefits, responsive management, and work with a dedicated and professional team driving the Cape York Agenda.
The O-Hub is a one-stop-shop for a suite of Opportunity Products, developed by Cape York Partnership, which encourage and support individuals and families to manage and take responsibility for their finances, their health and their children's education. The O-Hub provides an environment for building self-reliance and responsibility.
About the role:
The primary responsibilities of this position will be delivering assessment-based Parenting Intervention, Triple P, Parenting under Pressure, Circle of Security and Pre-Parenting Intervention, Universal programs, workshops and case management activities for mandated or self-referred individuals and families.
- Participates and provides input into planning activities concerning general implementation and local priorities
- Implement relevant universal and targeted universal interventions programs, in consultation with OHub Leaders and Strong Families Parenting Team
- Collation of data and reporting as directed
- Mentor, encourage and support Parenting Consultants and Parenting Support staff to implement programs
- Participate in supervision with OHub leaders for one on one meetings and Strong Families Parenting Team Leader for program supervision
Primarily you will be based in Aurukun with an expectation of traveling to Hopevale, Coen and Mossman Gorge on occasion when required.
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Services, Social Work, Psychology or associated discipline and/or significant relevant experience in case management of families with complex needs or in the delivery of family services
- Demonstrated experience in influencing others with proven ability to motivate others to achieve positive outcomes
- Have or have the ability to obtain a blue card
- Sound judgement with the ability to think through complex issues, develop solutions to sensitive situations/problems and assess the impact of decisions on project outcomes
- Possess a strong work ethic and is a self-starter
- Ability to develop strong networks with diverse key partners
- Demonstrated ability to identify and achieve work objectives, including planning of effective program delivery and the ability to prioritise competing needs
- Knowledge of Australian Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander cultures and an ability to communicate effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and a commitment to their social, economic and cultural development
- Experience working in and/or with Cape York communities.
- Case management experience
- A current manual QLD driver's license.
Evidence of Blue Card and Police clearance will be required if successful.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.