Money Management Mentor - Aurukun
- Ready for a fresh start? Now is your chance!
- Competitive salary + salary packaging
- Make a positive change in this crucial & stimulating role
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits available - tax free component
- Allowances and benefits associated with working and living in a remote community
- Fly in/out every 6 weeks of service - Aurukun to Cairns with 3 days accommodation
- Assistance with relocation costs
A unique opportunity exists to work for an Indigenous policy & leadership reform organisation dedicated to empowering Cape York Indigenous People
About the Role
Reporting to the O-Hub Leader, you will be responsible for being the first point of contact for clients and will identify client needs, assisting or referring them to the appropriate area of the Opportunity Hub. Your role is to explain the benefits of the program and facilitate client sign up, also encouraging clients to access a range of Opportunity Products which will assist to build client financial management capabilities.
The role will provide client training and support to use the Self Service Kiosk to access online and phone-based services, and to use a suite of Money Management Tools to support their capacity building and financial independence.
The major accountabilities are to provide coaching and monitoring of the client Plans and assist client adherence to activity plans and budgets, provide clients with professional support in managing financial problems, assist clients to independently use the Self Service Kiosk, and advise on the benefits and suitability of Opportunity Products, building confidence in all aspects of daily financial management.
Tertiary qualifications in Social Science, Indigenous Studies, Business Management or related fields; Demonstrated experience in influencing the work and direction of a team / work group with proven ability to motivate others to achieve outcomes; Coaching qualifications and previous experience in coaching;
Certificate III in Financial Services or similar; Understanding of the political and legal framework in which the organisation operates; Knowledge of behaviour change and/or social and economic development; Knowledge of Cape York Peninsula; its peoples, cultures and/or environs; Experience working on a welfare reform project
- A minimum 3-5 years demonstrated customer service, community services and/or sales experience;
- Certificate III in Community Services, Financial services or similar or willingness to undertake relevant training to obtain such qualification;
- Previous financial planning experience including moderate math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
Evidence of Blue Card and Police clearance will be required if successful.
You must also have a current manual drivers licence & be eligible for or have a Blue Card and an Australian Federal Police Check.
Previous applicants need not apply and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.