General Manager - Hardwood Sawmill
Cape York Timber is a leading hardwood sawmilling business based at Cooktown in Far North Queensland. We are looking for an energetic and skilled General Manager. Cape York Timber is a 100% owned indigenous business that is creating economic development and employment opportunities for the Indigenous people of Cape York. Commencing operations in late 2014, the business processes approximately 6,000 cubic metres of high-quality Australian hardwood annually, from predominantly indigenous owned forests. Cape York Timber is a subsidiary of the Cape York Partnership.
The key roles and responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing all milling operations, including growth potential.
- Working with the Board and Chairman to set the strategic and operational priorities for the business.
- Being responsible for the overall financial performance of the business, including sales performance, cost and capital management.
- Assisting with securing resource supply from indigenous and other private landowners and crown forests.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the work program for the sawmill including log deliveries, sawn production and dispatch of sawn timber.
- Continual improvement in the implementation and effectiveness of the Work Health and Safety Plan.
- Oversee the mentoring and training of staff.
- Develop continuous improvement process in production tracking and quality control including analysing production and preparing periodic operational reports.
Further details can be obtained from Shane Sproule in the first instance: email: email@example.com