Executive Assistant (9 month contract)
We are looking for a highly skilled all-round administrator who can fill in on a full time 9 month maternity leave contract from August 2017 until May 2018.
In this dynamic role you will be supporting the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of a leading Indigenous policy reform and leadership organisation dedicated to empowering Cape York Indigenous people.
We are looking for an individual who has a keen interest and passion for what they do. This is a great opportunity that will see you organising board meetings and liaising with high level stakeholders including politicians. In addition, you will be driving complex and extensive diary and correspondence management, organising travel, conference and catering arrangements, minute taking and other operational tasks directed by the CEO that enhance their capacity to operate effectively.
You must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously as well as be able to communicate confidently at all levels, including Chairs and CEOs of clients. An integral part of this role is support and interaction with the Executive Leadership Team which requires a proactive and flexible approach.
Other key attributes required to be successful in this position are:
- Diploma or Certificate IV in Business Administration or similar (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in an Executive or Personal Assistant role, or high level Administrative role in a busy corporate environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise and build strong working relationships with stakeholders, colleagues, Board and Executive management;
- Initiative and the ability to work autonomously, to structure work effectively and persevere until results are achieved;
- Ability to work with ambiguity, analysing complex situations, in order to generate alternative solutions and form appropriate recommendations and conclusions;
- Highly organised with exceptional time management skills and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and achieve work objectives in a timely manner with ability to adapt to changing priorities;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including excellent spelling, grammar and email etiquette;
- Ability to maintain ethical standards of behaviour, takes responsibility for own actions, and ability to maintain high level of discretion and confidentiality;
- High level proficiency in a suite of software systems including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Outlook with fast and accurate typing capability;
- Personable, dynamic, and enthusiastic team player with high level of energy and flexibility in working arrangements.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Executive Assistant/Administrator to take control in a fast paced environment providing high level executive support to a very busy and dynamic CEO. Your high level of energy and adaptability will ensure your success in this exciting and meaningful environment.
Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.