Expressions of Interest Casual Relief Teachers
Expressions of Interest
Casual Relief Teachers
Djarragun College is an independent school for students from Prep to Year 12, offering boarding for students in Years 7 to 12. Djarragun College is owned by Cape York Partnership.
The College is located in Gordonvale, just south of Cairns in sunny Far North Queensland. It has an enrolment of primarily indigenous students from remote communities across Cape York, the Torres Strait Islands, Yarrabah, Cairns and surrounds.
Djarragun College is committed to delivering the standard of education long demanded by the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people of Australia.
We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced Teachers across all areas from Prep to Year 12 for casual relief work or short term contract up to 2 weeks only.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Formal qualifications in Teaching
- Current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers
- Developed communication and ICT skills
- Previous experience in a culturally diverse environment with indigenous youth or children
- Awareness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural issues and an ability to effectively communicate in a culturally sensitive manner
- Current First Aid Qualifications or willingness to acquire
How to Apply:
Applications are to be addressed to the HR Manager, Djarragun College.
- A one page brief detailing your previous experience
- Your QCT registration number and when it was attained
- Current resume including preferred contact details
- Names of two (2) professional referees (referees will NOT be contacted until after selection has been made)
- Any significant professional achievements over the past two (2) years
- Professional development undertaken over the past two (2) years
Please, no recruitment agencies.
Applications close 5pm Thursday 13th April 2017.
Salary: Attractive salary rates.
Persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged to apply.