- Ready for a fresh start? Now is your chance!
- Generous relocation assistance + competitive salary + salary packaging
- Make a difference in this satisfying role set in a tropical paradise
You joined this industry to make a difference.
And imagine if you were to use all of your skills and qualifications - that Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE), that Diploma of Financial Counselling - to help people every day? With the full support of an iconic, landmark organisation? And in a unique location in Far North Queensland?
If that sounds like a dream to you, keep reading, because for one lucky person, that dream will become reality, as you embark on that journey - with us.
Cape York Partnership is an Indigenous policy reform and leadership organisation dedicated to empowering Cape York Indigenous people. Our touchstone is our partnership with individuals, families and communities as they strive for lives of value, freedom and prosperity. We believe in the potential of all people. We place our children's rights to a better future at the forefront. Above all, Cape York Partnership takes, and expects from our partners, responsibility for leading positive change. The guiding light of Cape York Partnership is the Cape York Agenda.
We achieve this through our, encouraging, innovative and passionate team, including those working to empower our community with greater financial tools and knowledge as part of our MPower project.
And that's where you come in.
From the moment you step into this role, you'll be fully immersed in this diverse position, with just the right amount of challenge. Based in sunny Cairns, you'll appreciate a gentler pace, with pristine beaches at your doorstep. But it's only when you travel to more remote communities - Aurukun, Mossman Gorge, Coen and Hope Vale - that you'll start to comprehend just how unique this opportunity really is.
What we are looking for
- Willingness to travel away from Cairns base location across Cape York regions (Fly/4WD);
- Conflict management skills;
- Working with complex families;
- Familiarity with and supporting attitude toward capability building with Indigenous communities;
- Capacity to develop rapport with a wide range of diverse groups and gain their confidence and commitment;
- Sound judgment to think through complex issues and develop workable solutions to challenges;
- Ability to report information with a high level of accuracy and clarity;
- Diploma of Community Services (Financial Counselling)
- If you are not already a member, a willingness to be a member of the Financial Counsellors Association of QLD (FCAQ ) and meet accreditation requirements.
- Completed Certificate IV in TAE
You'll spend half of your time or more travelling to these remote communities, providing essential financial counselling sessions, capability training, and feedback and referrals where necessary. As an agent of change you'll be there to empower Cape York Indigenous people.
In exchange for your hard work, you'll be well remunerated with salary sacrifice options and if relocating we'll contribute generously to your relocation expenses. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Don't let your dream become somebody else's reality.