MPower Coach Consultant - Aurukun
A unique opportunity exists to work for an Indigenous policy & leadership reform organisation dedicated to empowering Cape York Indigenous People
Cape York Partnership pursues Indigenous empowerment. We are an Indigenous organisation that has stood up to lead a comprehensive reform agenda to turn this on its head. We want to ensure that Indigenous rights and responsibility exist in proper balance, and Indigenous people are truly enabled to be the masters of their own exciting destinies.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated and innovative individual who is willing to try new things and be challenged to go the extra mile. You will be a committed, passionate individual with exceptional leadership skills and experience delivering family support services.
About the project
MPower supports individuals and families to manage money for basic material needs, build capabilities through financial literacy and behavioural change, and build assets through saving and disciplined money management. The emphasis is placed on family unity and the combined actions necessary to achieve collective goals and responsibilities. Village Opportunity Hubs located in the Cape York communities of Aurukun, Coen, Hopevale and Mossman Gorge, offer a series of development opportunities that clients can leverage to achieve their goals.
What we can offer you
- Opportunity to make a significant difference in the lives of the people of Cape York
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits available - tax free component
- Allowances and benefits associated with working and living in a remote community
- Ongoing professional development
- Fly in/out every 6 weeks of service - Aurukun to Cairns with 3 days accommodation
- Assistance with relocation costs
About the Role
The MPower Coach/Consultant is the first point of contact for Opportunity Hub clients and will identify the client needs assisting or referring them to the appropriate area of the Opportunity Hub. The role of consultant will be to explain the benefits of the MPower program and facilitate client sign up, also encouraging clients to access a range of Opportunity Products which will assist to build client financial management capabilities. The role of consultant will provide client training and support to use the Self Service Kiosk to access online and phone-based services, and to use a suite of Money Management Tools to support their capacity building and financial independence. The major accountabilities are to provide coaching and monitoring of the client MPower Plan and assist client adherence to activity plans and budgets, provide clients with professional support in managing financial problems, assist clients to independently use the Self Service Kiosk, and advise on the benefits and suitability of Opportunity Products, building confidence in all aspects of daily financial management.
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Science, Indigenous Studies, Business Management or related fields;
- Demonstrated experience in influencing the work and direction of a team / work group with proven ability to motivate others to achieve outcomes;
- Coaching qualifications and previous experience in coaching;
- A minimum 3-5 years demonstrated customer service, community services and/or sales experience;
- Certificate III in Community Services, Financial services or similar or willingness to undertake relevant training to obtain such qualification;
- Previous financial planning experience including moderate math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
You must also have a current manual drivers licence & be eligible for or have a Blue Card and an Australian Federal Police Check.
- Certificate III in Financial Services or similar;
- Understanding of the political and legal framework in which the organisation operates;
- Knowledge of behaviour change and/or social and economic development;
- Knowledge of Cape York Peninsula; its peoples, cultures and/or environs;
- Experience working on a welfare reform project